UKC

Travelling Around the World - Climbing/ MTB Venues

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dan1898 17 Nov 2015
I am currently on a "jolly" around the world for the next few months, and looking for some advice on places where I can continue my passion for climbing, mountaineering and mountain biking. Sure i can troll google, but i am asking if anyone has any first hand experience in these places and can recommend. To be honest I am quite happy to give most things a try, but ideally in order of desire; outdoor climbing, mountain walking, mountain biking, indoor climbing.

I have access to a vehicle in most places, but due to travelling light most of my personal kit is back in the UK, so hire would be needed.

Places expected to visit:

Dubai, UAE
Muscat, Oman
Bahrain
Visakhapatnam, India
Split, Croatia
Magaluf, Spain

Any ideas please?
 MrJared 18 Nov 2015
In reply to Dan1898:

The only things I could see to do outdoors in Magaluf was drinking, tanning or hiring prostitutes..... None of which seem to be on your list!

Hope this helps! :P
OP Dan1898 18 Dec 2015
In reply to MrJared:

Looks like I now really only have two options - does anyone have any experience in, or of walking or climbing in Croatia?

I think I am going to end up with a group of about 6 fairly active and fit adults to sort something for?
redsonja 28 Dec 2015
In reply to Dan1898:

How about Georgia, Armenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ethiopia, Slovakia, Ukraine?

I'm not sure how easy it would be to hire kit in some of these countries, but they are all amazing
 Karlgreasley 28 Dec 2015
In reply to Dan1898:

Queenstown New Zealand mate.....amazing mountain biking, mountaineering and climbing
 Babika 29 Dec 2015
In reply to Dan1898:

This is a slightly bizarre thread - I guess we can all name a few personal favourites and I submit...California!

Should be able to indulge most aspects of the outdoors there, hire gear and no language problems

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...