UKC

Approach to Seana Bhraigh

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DaveHK 17 Nov 2015
I know that in the summer you can drive to Corriemulzie Lodge but I remember reading that the gates were locked further down in winter.

Does anyone know what the current situation is?

Ta
Removed User 17 Nov 2015
OP DaveHK 17 Nov 2015
In reply to Removed UserDeleted bagger:

Hadn't thought of that! Cheers.
 Martin W 18 Nov 2015
In reply to DaveHK:
> I know that in the summer you can drive to Corriemulzie Lodge

Wish I'd known that when I did it back in the summer of 1999! We did it from Inverlael, about 30km round trip. Nearly missed last orders for dinner back at the Ferry Boat Inn :0
 kwoods 18 Nov 2015
In reply to Martin W:

I did the same this summer. Went all the way form Inverlael, was having a great "wilderness experience", and reached the top to find a guy strolling up the north ridge, commenting how you could still see where he'd left his car, how the cycle in had been really easy and how much he'd enjoyed the short walk to the top! Doh!
 Jamie B 18 Nov 2015
In reply to DaveHK:

For info, can you let us know what the estate say please?
 James Edwards 18 Nov 2015
In reply to DaveHK:

I was told recently that the road was in bad condition? It would be *very useful* to know what your experience is. Last winter i approached a winter crag near there from the south - 6 hours in and 4 out. I want to go back this winter so would like to know...

James
 Simon Caldwell 18 Nov 2015
In reply to James Edwards:

We drove up there in June and it was in pretty good condition
OP DaveHK 18 Nov 2015
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

I've ridden most of it recently and its fine. Also got a school minibus to the schoolhouse bothy to rescue a DofE pupil with no issues.

Jamie, I think we're going to change our plans in light of the weather so unlikely to call the estate. I'll let you know if I do.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...