UKC

Lakes Tomorrow

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Smelly Fox 20 Nov 2015
Does anyone have any tips for crags that may be dry tomorrow in the Lake District? Preferably easy access as will be driving down from Glasgow in the morning.

Cheers!
 Gael Force 20 Nov 2015
In reply to Smelly Fox:
I think little will be dry as its been pissing down off and on all day, and this has been the case for well over a week now.
It is supposed to be sunny tomorrow though, so maybe Ravens Langdale, hesitate to say Shepherds as it doesn't get much sun early on and feels slimy early on.
Post edited at 15:46
OP Smelly Fox 20 Nov 2015
In reply to Gael Force:

Yeah I figured it may be a long shot! Might head out with the camera for a bit of exploring instead.

Cheers.
 John Kelly 20 Nov 2015
In reply to Smelly Fox:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/la22?day=1

Be surprised if raven langdale isn't climbable from early doors given forecast, gimmer and white ghyll shortly afterwards, cold
 Fiend 20 Nov 2015
In reply to John Kelly:

"A band of rain, sleet and snow will move south across northern and eastern Scotland later on Friday, then into the Borders and parts of northeast England on Friday night. 1-4 cm is likely at some lower levels (this less likely near exposed coasts and in northeast England) but with 5-10 cm above 150 m. Drifting is also possible in the strong to gale force north or northwesterly winds; indeed severe gales with gusts to 60 mph could bring a short period of blizzard conditions to the highest routes."

Never heard a better forecast for slogging up to Gimmer or White Gyll after that!
 John Kelly 20 Nov 2015
In reply to Fiend:

I said cold
what you expecting in Nov, I'll be proper disappointed if I don't get a route in tomorrow, currently 3 degrees and wet, there was a layer of slush top bowfell couple hrs ago
In reply to John Kelly:

The wife doesn't do cold very well, so I think we'll head for a walk instead. Cheers for the ideas though.
 John Kelly 20 Nov 2015
In reply to Smelly Fox:
yep probably bit of suffering involved tomorrow, my wife wouldn't be keen either
Post edited at 18:43
In reply to John Kelly:

We are staying neat Ullswater on Saturday night, so might go for a quest up Helvellyn. Leaving the climbing gear at home will be very liberating, I've forgotten what fast and light is to be honest!
 John Kelly 20 Nov 2015
In reply to Smelly Fox:

My lad is keen to get up there tomorrow (make up for wet bowfell last weekend) he loves getting above snow line so we may pass each other, forecast looks great, have a good one
John
In reply to John Kelly:

We'll be heading up as you are heading down I recon, going to be a late ish start due to the drive. Forecast looks great for sure! Looking forward to it!
 TobyA 20 Nov 2015
In reply to John Kelly:

Do you mean a winter route? I've been looking at the forecast and dreaming... Is it worth a 4 am start on Sunday for a snowy striding edge or grib goch or similar...
 John Kelly 20 Nov 2015
In reply to TobyA:
Bit early for lakes, I'm thinking easy( chilly) rock or a bit of fell walking with the boy
Ps loving your optimism and (4 am) commitment
Post edited at 21:20
 John Kelly 21 Nov 2015
In reply to Fiend and Toby

Apologies, snow down to foot of raven crag, 1 degree C currently in valley, breezy, gimmer plastered, white ghyll difficult, descents from raven treacherous at moment but Sun is due out so.may improve
 John Kelly 21 Nov 2015
In reply to John Kelly:

https://www.facebook.com/NTLakescampsites/videos/vb.211202675568176/1036363...

raven is being climbed on - quite warm in sun - descents will still need caution

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...