UKC

Need a new down jacket

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 efrance24234 21 Nov 2015
Hello,
I'm after a new down jacket, does anyone know of any good deals anywhere at the moment? I have had a look and no one seems to have any sales on any. Want something super warm and weather proof. Something like Rabs infinity endurance.
Thanks in advance!
In reply to efrance24234:

There are plenty of deals at the mo, although they tend to be light- and mid-weight jackets: Blacks and The Epicentre both have sales on (I got a Sherpa Dengboche jacket - lightish - from The Epicentre for sixty five quid, which is a ridiculous bargain).

Alternatively, sportspursuit turn them up regularly, provided last year's colours aren't too embarrassing to be seen in.
J1234 21 Nov 2015
I would have thought someone as fat as you would not need a Down Jacket.
Post edited at 20:16

I am selling a barely used Mountain Equipment one here:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=628975&v=1#x8177032
OP efrance24234 21 Nov 2015
In reply to nickinscottishmountains: No hood
OP efrance24234 21 Nov 2015
In reply to Reggie Perrin
F*ck off Nige
why not buy at Cotswold with a 20% discount code?
J1234 21 Nov 2015

Got that wrong you Ginger Minger :-P
 Alpenglow 21 Nov 2015

Selling a MH Hooded Phantom if you're interested.
850 FP Hydrophobic down
 JimHolmes69 21 Nov 2015

Go to outdoor action in Blackburn, they had some great deals last year.
 crustypunkuk 21 Nov 2015

Have a look at ultimateoutdoors.com. Think they might be the sister site of blacks, but they do some real outdoor stuff instead of highstreet shite.
They've got some 'black Friday' deals on at the moment and they've got some ace deals on rab, arcteryx and jack wolfskin down jackets amongst others. I got a cerium lt for under half price.
 Gazlynn 21 Nov 2015
In reply to crustypunkuk:

You B*****d !!!

That's me on lentil soup for the rest of the month

Cheers

Gaz
J1234 23 Nov 2015
Okay okay, sorry , you fat ginger tosser.
Here is a picture of you http://globe-views.com/dcim/dreams/hippopotamus/hippopotamus-01.jpg
Post edited at 22:18
 dek 23 Nov 2015

Can't see much wrong with this one, at that price?

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/forclaz-900-mens-down-jacket-green-id_8344421.h...
Kipper 23 Nov 2015
In reply to dek:

> Can't see much wrong with this one, at that price?

These decathlon links (secure) don't work with IE11/Edge - can't work out if it's the certificate or the cipher, or something else Microsoft doesn't like.....

In reply to Kipper:

Seems Edge has trouble with quite a few websites.

The Decathlon website is pretty awful though. That Forclaz 900 jacket is 75/25 down/feather, and no quoted fill power. It's damned cheap at £40, though...
 Brian Pollock 24 Nov 2015

PHD sale is on right now. Some pretty good deals.
 gethin_allen 25 Nov 2015

> Have a look at ultimateoutdoors.com....

But be warned they use Hermes couriers, possibly the worlds most useless couriers. They don't even give you the option of collecting the item from them and after 3 random attempts in the middle of the working day they send stuff back to the sender.
 crustypunkuk 25 Nov 2015
In reply to gethin_allen:

I don't need to worry about it- 2 days after I bought and paid for the jacket I was sent a refund with no email to explain. Frankly pish service and I'm not going to be in a hurry to use them again, no matter how good the deal.
 gethin_allen 25 Nov 2015

Nice, Blacks were/are (are they still going?) not known for their customer service skills, sounds like they haven't changed anything other than the name.
My jacket is in the hands of Hermes and who knows if I'll ever get hold of it.
In reply to gethin_allen:

Obviously, we all have different experiences. But I've found Blacks excellent in the last few years - some decent kit on astounding deals, often with even bigger discounts with a voucher - and quick communication with delayed or out of stock items. Never heard of the sister company, though.
 ColdWill 27 Nov 2015

I wouldn't go for the Ininity Indurance, the body and forearms are pretext quantum and that material becomes pretty absorbent. Go for a full pretext endurance jacket

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...