UKC

quickdraws

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 keepguessing 27 Nov 2015
I'm finally biting the bullet, until now i have been using alpine draws for all my quick draw needs, but now i think i'm going to finally buy 10 quickdraws. the issue here is i have no idea what lengths i would want, can anybody help me out?
 BnB 27 Nov 2015
In reply to soloing 9a with out you looking:

If I could go again I would get one shorty (12cm?) for that first piece of gear off the ground and the rest 25cm. Keep the slingdraws on the rack however, they're pretty handy.
 GridNorth 27 Nov 2015

Sport or trad? Most of my sports QD's are 12cm, 2 are 18cm and one is a sling draw, but generally speaking 12cm is too short for trad. I use 18 cm and sling draws for trad.

Al
 ianstevens 27 Nov 2015
Just get more slingdraws - significantly more versatile than standard draws, and the extra weight is negligible; about the same as a good pre-route urination session.

That said, if you're climbing on bolts... they're less good. I've got a set of bolt-specific draws.
Post edited at 13:29
OP keepguessing 27 Nov 2015
In reply to BnB:
I feel like everytime i go climbing i have an abundancy of quick draws often using a quick draw every 7-10 meters, it makes me wonder if i even need 10 quickdraws, 6 might be a lighter and less expensive option. The draws are for trad.
Post edited at 13:31

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...