UKC

Meindl Piz Palu, any experiences?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Laurence20 28 Nov 2015
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone here has/has used a pair of Piz Palus? There doesn't seem to be much information about them online (well not in English anyway). I see they're classed as D for crampon compatibility by Meindl, which I guess would be B3? Anyway, I'm considering a pair for Scottish winter/Alpine use, as I generally find Meindls fit me very well. Basically I want a boot to last, and be technical enough for pretty steep stuff as I (hopefully) progress.. So yay or nay?

Cheers, Laurence
 Ginge1972 19 Dec 2015
In reply to Laurence20:

Hi
Bit of a late reply,but only just spotted it!.

After many painful B3 boots ive found meindl to be great for me,the piz palu suits me 100 %.They are insulated and definatley B3,they are slightly on the heavy side compared to others out there.If you have a broad foot then i reckon you'll get on with them,speaking personally i love them,super comfy for a B3,been on two trips to the alps and climbs on the Ben,no problems at all,performed well.

Got mine cheap from conrad sports online (german based)
OP Laurence20 19 Dec 2015
In reply to Ginge1972:

Cheers for the reply, I ended up getting a pair and have been impressed with the quality and fit so far, although not managed to use them in anger yet!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...