UKC

MSR Mountain Fury Tent

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AndydHart 30 Nov 2015
Good Evening,

I'm looking at 4 season tents, and I was wondering if anyone had any experience of the MSR Fury tent? It looks pretty good, but I'm not sure if I'd be better with a Tera Nova Quasar for better protection. (I'd love a Hilleberg Tarra but it's out my price range)

Any comments or advice would be welcomed.

Kind Regards
Andy

DaveHK 30 Nov 2015
In reply to AndydHart:

Do you really need all that tent? They look like expedition tents rather than just 4 season tents.
 L.A. 30 Nov 2015
In reply to AndydHart: Dreadful entry/exit on outer single door, not that big inside for 2, quite heavy, small porch. Good headroom
This sums it up quite well
http://www.outdoorgearlab.com/4-Season-Tent-Reviews/MSR-Fury
-You can do better

OP AndydHart 30 Nov 2015
In reply to DaveHK:

Good question. I think I do. I'll be using it in Scottish Winters, and hopefully, some exped stuff over the next couple of years. I won't be using it at all in summer.

L.A.; thank you for the review. I couldn't find much out there. I have got a Hubba hubba which I really like; was curious about the rest of the range. Looks like this one is a miss then.

Cheers
Andy
In reply to AndydHart:

I have had the Ultra Quasar for 15 years and I love its sturdiness. I have used it for everything including summer backpacking, basecamping in the Alps and winter camping in Norway. But at 3.6 kg you can find lighter tents these days.
As it is worn out I am looking for a successor. For allround 4-season use the Hilleberg Nallo 2 is my favorite: 2.4 kg and just enough space for two. For winter use I might go for one with a larger vestibule like the Nammatj 3 GT at 4.0 kg - but then I will use a pulk.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...