UKC

DMM dasies

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dunnyg 07 Dec 2015
Has any body used these in anger? Do they do the job? Looking to put together a basic aiding kit.

cheers
In reply to dunnyg:

They're a pretty tried and tested design, doubt DMM would make a dodgy sling. I've personally got the CAMP Twist daisy which makes it impossible to misclip, worth a look.
 alooker 07 Dec 2015
In reply to dunnyg:

Adjustable daisies are the way, I prefer Yates but some the metolius

One adjustable and one 'regular' gives me a lot of speed from the adjustable and a full strength static connection for belays/abs/other stuff.
 Casa Alfredino 08 Dec 2015
In reply to alooker:

The Metolius ones are great until you use them for ages and they get twisted up, or use them on a horizontal roof where they are extremely difficult to release once you're pulled them tight. Yates are the way to go IMO... as are the Yates ladders - so much better than standard offset etriers...
 alooker 09 Dec 2015
In reply to Casa Alfredino:

Yup, for aid intensive routes the yates (or at least a ladder with a spreader bar) is the way to go!

In the valley the routes like half dome nw face, the nose etc (mostly free) routes I find that those petzl mini aiders are perfect - don't get in the way as much when changing changing between aid/free, light and still work fine for straightforward aid

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...