UKC

PRODUCT NEWS: PowerFingers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 10 Dec 2015
PowerFingers, 3 kbPowerFingers is a simple, easy to use product which is incredibly effective for Climbers who require finger strength and dexterity. They also make an excellent, relatively inexpensive Christmas present for climbers of all ages, from beginner to seasoned pro.

Read more
 jaylo264 10 Dec 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

Troll need to improve the accuracy of their anatomy [antagonistic?] and also recall that the only intrinsic muscles of the hand and wrist act only on the thumb and little finger -- ok for pinching I guess.
 deacondeacon 10 Dec 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

Any independant reviews of this, I'm not overly convinced they'll have a positive effect.
Also what do they offer that a few elastic bands can't?

Isn't it Antagonist not antagonistic also?
 tk421 10 Dec 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

I have a set, I use them at my desk at work. I have no idea if they're having a benefit - I haven't tried doing them on one hand but not the other etc, but it feels like it does. So anywhere from placebo benefit to actual benefit.
I can easily work up a pump doing various exercises, whether that's beneficial I don't know. I do like the feeling of stretching my hands while using them.

They're actually a lot better than elastic bands / a theraband tied up. I've tried them all. The finger holes and the different strengths make it a lot easier.
Whether they're worth £20 is a different question. For me? Yeah, why not, I'll grab anything that might help for the price of a couple of coffees.

P.s. pedantically, isn't it independent?
 Šljiva 10 Dec 2015
In reply to tk421: I have a set, worked up from nothing through various strengths. Now climbing harder and pain in my fingers/ elbows is noticeably reduced, albeit not completely gone. Chiro was pretty impressed too. worth every penny. also good after a long keyboarding session.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...