UKC

Aveimore log cabins

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 andyd1970 14 Dec 2015
Hi
I am looking for a log cabin in the aveimore area for February as the one I have had booked had flooded and need to book another one ASAP
It will be for a family of four and a dog
Thanks
Andy
 JuliaH 15 Dec 2015
In reply to andyd1970:

Hi, have you heard of Dalraddy Holiday park? Its just outside of Aviemore heading out towards Alvie, a couple of miles drive and there is also now a direct cycle way from the front end of the campsite into the edge of Aviemore so you don't always need car (some short, sharp hills though so not ideal for cycling for a weekly shop!)

I've stayed there in a privately owned chalet but they're all similar in shape and set up I believe, different sizes which can sleep up to six I think. Some folk live there permanently. No idea if pets are allowed but the setting is lovely and you're not 'on top' of the neighbours even though its on a site. I would make sure you ask specifially about chalets 'round the back of the site with view out to the hills' they have the nicest setting, not sure how many others there are on the site in total but would suspect some are shaded in trees etc... If you're after good wi-fi/ signal etc then I wouldn't expect too much- my vodafone network is useless.

http://www.alvie-estate.co.uk/dalraddy-holiday-park

OP andyd1970 15 Dec 2015
In reply to JuliaH:

Hi Julia
That's brilliant and thanks for the response.
Looks great and my wife booked it today and my kids are really excited now as they have horse trekking nearby.
Looks better than what we had booked, so I think the flooding of the other cabin could be a blessing in disguise.
Thanks from a very happy family
Andy
 JuliaH 16 Dec 2015
In reply to andyd1970:

No problem, hope the weather is good/ snowy!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...