UKC

Will Grivel Forged points fit BD crampons?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GarethSL 15 Dec 2015
So my search is exhausted, I'm trying to get some new front points for my BD stingers. Everywhere appears to be out of stock, have only one in stock, or they are only available for pre-order from Feb 2016. I don't want to cannibalise my Cyborgs, so any help here is appreciated.

The Grivel Forged front points seem to use a similar attachment system as BD, a bolt and a notch. I was wondering if they could be used as an unofficial replacement, with a little modification? Anyone tried? I am under the impression they are probably too long.

Alternatively does anyone know of a small UK based dealers somewhere, with a good supply of accessories for crampons? I've tried the usual, Krukonogi, V12, UR, JB, EMS, NS, R&R, EB... etc etc.
Removed User 15 Dec 2015
In reply to GarethSL:

Don't know where they ship them from but you could enquire about getting them direct from BD here:

http://blackdiamondequipment.com/en/climbing%2Fcrampons/cyborg-stinger-fron...
OP GarethSL 15 Dec 2015
In reply to Removed User:

I just tried, but the website seems to come to a fault with the shipping method for both card and paypal transactions :/

Many thanks for the tip! I had not realised it was possible to order directly from them!
 Greg Boswell 16 Dec 2015
In reply to GarethSL:

I'm pretty sure I used to use G14 front points on my Cyborgs (with a little filing of the slot) before I went fully over to Grivel, so if the Cyborg ones look like they'll fit, the G14 ones should also fit. I could sen you some used G14 front points if you want to see if you can get them to fit, and if they do you could buy some new ones? email me if you want me to send you some out mate.

Cheers
Greg
OP GarethSL 16 Dec 2015
In reply to Greg Boswell:

I'm based in Norway so might be a little effort, but thank you kindly for the offer! My partner has G14's which he's just converted to monos, so I'll borrow your idea and try his spare pair!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...