UKC

Fantasy hill and partners

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
pasbury 21 Dec 2015
For your amusement if you're at work twiddling your thumbs.

You can choose your hill anywhere in the UK and, more importantly, any two partners past or present, living or deceased, famous & talented or your mate down the pub to climb it with (a party of three is much more sociable). A little explanation would be fun too.

Specifics such as Talisker in your hip flask can also be mentioned.
Clauso 21 Dec 2015
In reply to pasbury:

I'd like to conquer Damon Hill, in the company of Jimmy Hill and Harry Hill.
pasbury 21 Dec 2015
In reply to Clauso:

Am I allowed to say lol on here? lol
 Toccata 21 Dec 2015
In reply to pasbury:

Jock Nimlin and Robin Smith on Buachaille Etive Mor. Both hugely inspiring climbers climbing in their own ground. Both very intelligent people whose company I'm sure I'd enjoy.
 wercat 21 Dec 2015
In reply to pasbury:

I think I'd like to have been in the first ascent party of An Stac, from the long side, magnificent peak. Various of the party would be carrying some fine single malts for a tasting on the summit, plus a nauticean's brass telescope for viewing the sights
 Clarence 21 Dec 2015
In reply to Clauso:

Interesting but I would prefer to conquer Jennifer Hill in the company of Victoria Hill with Benny Hill spotting. Hills bourbon biscuits for half time.
 Alyson 21 Dec 2015
In reply to pasbury:

Blencathra with my grandpa. We climbed it together when I was young, but I'd love to talk to him again only as an adult instead of a grumpy teenager.

I think I got my love of mountains from him, via my dad (who I go fell walking with as often as I can).
 SenzuBean 21 Dec 2015
In reply to Alyson:

> Blencathra with my grandpa. We climbed it together when I was young, but I'd love to talk to him again only as an adult instead of a grumpy teenager.

> I think I got my love of mountains from him, via my dad (who I go fell walking with as often as I can).

It's posts like these that make me glad I didn't sully this thread with my dirty mind.
pasbury 21 Dec 2015
In reply to Alyson:

This is touching. I'd like to take my late Dad up Pumlumon again - he loved the River Wye and wanted to 'drink the source'. So even though he had no interest in walking up hills I took him up there and in spite of bad back, sciatica and injured knee he said he thought he could finally understand why I like walking up mountains.

We never get to know our parents well enough.
 Tony the Blade 21 Dec 2015
In reply to Alyson:

Similarly...

I'd have a photo of me stood on the trig point on Kinder with my old man stood holding my hand. We used to do this every time we went up there, I love that trig point for that reason. He struggles with walking now so it'll never happen again, so I'll take him there on my fantasy walk. We'll walk up via Grindsbrook, drop down for a pint at the Snake Inn and return via the Downfall. We'll talk about all the walks we have done together, and how I became a qualified ML down to his inspiration. We'll laugh and joke about the times we've dropped into a boggy grough and he'll tell me to be careful when descending Crowden Clough.

Thank you for this post.
 lone 21 Dec 2015
In reply to pasbury:

I'd climb Tryfan's North Ridge, with Eddie and Richie from the sitcom 'Bottom'

It would be the laugh of the century watching those two scream, punch and argue their way up the ridge.

The freeman of Tryfan would also be highly recommended for the entertainment too

L
 Brass Nipples 21 Dec 2015
In reply to pasbury:

I'd undertake a winter traverse of the Black Cuillin with Walter Bonatti and Herman Buhl. We'd make it a continuous traverse with sections covered by torchlight. We'd talk of our joy of being in the mountains, I'd listen to their tales of their exploits, and be humbled in their presence.
 Alyson 21 Dec 2015
In reply to SenzuBean:

> It's posts like these that make me glad I didn't sully this thread with my dirty mind.

Well my alternative thought was I'd like Hugh Jackman to take me up The Cobbler. For a few minutes it was touch and go which version would win...!
Removed User 22 Dec 2015
In reply to Alyson:

> I'd like Hugh Jackman to take me up The Cobbler

Wouldn't we all?
 Alyson 22 Dec 2015
In reply to Removed UserBwox:

I reckon so

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...