UKC

Scarpa Spectro Alternative

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sprucedgoose 21 Dec 2015
I've finally worn through my last pair of Scarpa Spectros. They were a perfect fit. I wondered if anyone had found a similar fitting / performing shoe.
 Andy Farnell 21 Dec 2015
In reply to Sprucedgoose: I also loved the Spectro, brilliant edging shoe. The Instinct VS is my current replacement. It's not as stiff but does work very well on tiny edges. There is an new instinct lace coming out next year which looks very tasty and may be worth waiting for.

Andy F

kyaizawa 04 Jan 2016
In reply to Sprucedgoose:

Scarpa Boostic is fantastic, but they've just been discontinued too
Long shot, but I do still have a new pair of Spectros - if you (or any other Spectro fans) are an EU38 (unlikely I know), I'm willing to sell them on!!
Ysgo 05 Jan 2016
In reply to kyaizawa:

> Scarpa Boostic is fantastic, but they've just been discontinued too

Only in the UK.

But the Instinct Lace does look like it could be a perfect replacement.
 Andy Farnell 05 Jan 2016
In reply to Ysgo: The old red Instinct Lace is also discontinued (in the U.K. Anyway) but some shops may have them if you hunt around.

Andy F

OP Sprucedgoose 06 Jan 2016
In reply to andy farnell:

Thank you all for chipping in and even the offer of replacements - unfortunately my feet are a smidge larger than 38.

I currently have the red instinct lace but find the toe box a bit too large (compared to the spectro). Maybe I'm just too fussy, and very much doubt it's the primary thing holding back my climbing - but . . . . I'll look out for the new Instinct Lace.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...