UKC

Costa Blanca new routes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bpmclimb 24 Dec 2015
Have any new routes or newly-developed crags appeared anywhere online recently - in the last couple of months, say? Thanks
In reply to bpmclimb: Contact The Orange House for the most up to date situation.

The Pylon King 24 Dec 2015
In reply to bpmclimb:

Loads of new routes in Costa del Snuff Mills and much less carbon footprint.
OP bpmclimb 25 Dec 2015
In reply to Urgles:

> Loads of new routes in Costa del Snuff Mills and much less carbon footprint.

Ah, well ... that is on the radar too. But I'm afraid I'm not prepared to cancel my week in Spain in February :0
 dan gibson 26 Dec 2015
In reply to bpmclimb:
Rowland and Mark Edwards have been putting up some great looking multi pitch sea cliff routes near Benidorm.
There is climbing activity out there beyond the Orange!
 Phil Murray 26 Dec 2015
In reply to bpmclimb:

Just got back from Guadalest/ they were putting up routes there as we climbed. Loads of stuff to go at, some not in 2013 ROCKFAX but on UKC databases. A tasty looking 6a+ was put up on our last day - shame we didn't get to climb it before we left! Enjoy.

OP bpmclimb 29 Dec 2015
In reply to Phil Murray:

Great - I'll check those out. I like Guadalest.
To all: thanks for the replies.
 Ian Parsons 29 Dec 2015
In reply to bpmclimb:

I assume you're familiar with this, Brian; it's been around awhile. But just in case you're not:

http://www.senderosdealicante.com/delaroca/localizaciones/ponoig.html

It's not just Ponoig, obviously!
OP bpmclimb 03 Jan 2016
In reply to Ian Parsons:

Thanks Ian
 Sam Mayfield 06 Jan 2016
In reply to dan gibson:

Hi Dan

Of course other people are doing routes over here! However some don't make much of the information, produce miniguides etc.

We have been told the stuff on the sea cliffs has to have permission from The Edwards to climb there? What's that all about?

Sam Orange House
 Mark Eddy 06 Jan 2016
In reply to Sam Mayfield:

Hi Sam,
According to this site it's not the Edwards who need to give permissions: Sierra Helada although they seem to be spearheading the development of those cliffs.
Admittedly, it seems quite awkward to go climbing there and it's certainly put me off going for the time being at least.

Was having a browse of the Orange House online tops this afternoon and think they're really excellent.

On a different topic, do you know what the current state of the Barranco del Infierno is please? Is it passable in a dry state or are the pools deep / impassable? Have you been through since the heavy rains in November?

Mark Eddy 06 Jan 2016
In reply to bpmclimb:

There are some fine looking cliffs near Moraira (Cap d'Oro) with routes up to 3 pitches. Not sure if any access restrictions exist, but it seems new routing there is a no no.

Had a walk to this crag back in November and climbed this: http://www.mountain-journeys.co.uk/blog/category/150-jupiters
There's lots more to do there, both single and multi-pitch throughout the grade spectrum. The place will improve greatly with a bit more traffic.
 Sam Mayfield 07 Jan 2016
In reply to A Mountain Journey:

Inferno should be dry as we had heavy rain in Oct and nothing since. However, we now have VF lines on the sumps, so no problem.

We are trying hard to bolt the new crag on route to Rellue but we never find the time! That should be another echo 15 only in the shade which is needed when sun is too hot etc.

Have you visited Lost World yet?

Sam orange house :0)
 Mark Eddy 07 Jan 2016
In reply to Sam Mayfield:

Thanks Sam.
Have mailed you re the crags

Mark
OP bpmclimb 07 Jan 2016
In reply to A Mountain Journey:

Looks nice! Is the name to do with motorbikes?
 Mark Eddy 07 Jan 2016
In reply to bpmclimb:

I didn't name it, my partner that day did and had this name firmly in her mind with a story behind it, not motorbikes though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...