UKC

Equivalent to MH Flex Balaclava

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 d_b 31 Dec 2015
My old Mountain Hardware "Flex" balaclava is looking a bit long in the tooth so I am looking for a replacement. Unfortunately they seem to have stopped existing in the last few years.

Are there any other balaclavas around that are nearly as good? The few I have seen in local outdoor shops don't really cut it.

Features I am keen on are:

Fits nicely under a helmet.
Stays put, doesn't ride up etc.
Cut around the nose and mouth.
Stretchy enough to pull down under chin when required.
Utterly windproof!
 lithos 31 Dec 2015
In reply to davidbeynon:

it's called the airshield now, not see any in shops though, seen other brands but you generally have to try them on !
 Jim Braid 31 Dec 2015
In reply to davidbeynon:

As my profile photo shows me in a old Mountain Hardware balaclava which I've since replaced I feel kind of obliged to reply.

I went for a Berghaus Powerstretch Balaclava https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?rlz=1C1CHWA_enGB600GB600&ie=UTF-8&rc... which has a much softer stretchier feel.

Haven't had it under a helmet so can't comment on that. Stretchy enough to pull down under my bearded chin!

If it's not windproof enough for you (OK for me) then I see from the link I posted that there's a Berghaus windstopper balaclava which might do.
OP d_b 31 Dec 2015
In reply to all:

Thanks. I will see if I can find the renamed flex, and if that fails I will try the other suggestions.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...