UKC

Crampon trickery

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Gaz22 31 Dec 2015
So I treated myself to a new pair of 'poons today(BD Snaggletooth) and my question is. Has anyone got any tips on adjusting the position of the front wire bail? They seem to be pretty stiff. Any secrets or do I just need to man up and use a bit of elbow grease?

Thanks in advance.
 MattJ753 31 Dec 2015
In reply to Gaz22:

I was wondering the same about a new pair of stingers, which I guess have the same bail.

If it requires more guns that's cool....but I don't wanna unleash the fury on them if there's some subtle, clever way instead.

OP Gaz22 31 Dec 2015
In reply to MattJ753:
That's what I was thinking. Don't want to break fingers tryin to wrestle the bails off.
Post edited at 17:12
 leon 1 31 Dec 2015
In reply to Gaz22:
Loop a sling through the bale at the side you're initially pulling out. Stand on sling (put your foot through loop to avoid any slippage/castration) whilst holding crampon sideways on and pull steadily to achieve necessary force Remember to orientate the flatter stamped part of the bale to the correct angle of the hole.
If this is unsuccessful probably get ready to apply elastoplast to hands leg and nuts
Post edited at 17:33
 GarethSL 31 Dec 2015
In reply to Gaz22:

As Leon said, pull it out using a sling. Tho he seems to do it the other way. I stand the crampon on its edge and wedge it between my feet, shoes optional.

Same method for putting the bail back in.
 leon 1 31 Dec 2015
In reply to GarethSL:
I find holding the crampon means you can adjust it easier when you have to get the flattened section of the bale through the angled hole but probably six of one....
Post edited at 17:37
OP Gaz22 31 Dec 2015
In reply to leon 1:
Nice idea, I will try that. Thank you for your help guys. The plasters are at the ready ;-D
Post edited at 18:01

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...