UKC

Costa Blanca / Spain

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
NZClimber 09 Jan 2016
SO I am finally gearing up for 3 months on the road, climbing through Costa Blanca/ larger Spainish area

Couple more things that Im wanting to know....

Best weather source for spain? in android app form if possible?
best places to stay in a Van around costa blanca (thinking nice places with a view, preferrably close to climbing!)

and if you have any must see/must do things to note. or crags that are absolutely not to be missed. then keen to hear!!

Thanks
 1poundSOCKS 09 Jan 2016
In reply to NZClimber:

Climb this, or something else on the Penon...

Costa Blanca (6c+)
 Fraser 10 Jan 2016
In reply to NZClimber:

We used www.aemet.es when in Chulilla just before Christmas. It's 'climber-van-tastic' incidentally but maybe slightly further north than you're talking about. Some photos on my profile gallery if you don't know of it.

Also, www.yr.no is usually quite accurate.
 Mark Bull 10 Jan 2016
The aemet.es site is pretty mobile-friendly but there is also an app: http://www.aemet.es/en/app/eltiempodeAEMET

Have a great trip!
 LeeWood 10 Jan 2016
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

> Climb this, or something else on the Penon...

I'll second that.

You can't beat meteoblue's All-in One weather chart. Precipitation, temperatures, cloud cover, and wind all plotted for 6 days ahead.
 Fraser 10 Jan 2016
In reply to LeeWood:

That seems to bring up a 400 error message for me. Is there a trick to getting it to work?
 LeeWood 10 Jan 2016
In reply to Fraser:

I've seen that too sometimes - not sure why. Google it then try sevreal entry points - tap in meteoblue.com direct rather than a proposed page.
 Sam Mayfield 12 Jan 2016
In reply to NZClimber:
After years weather watching over here and using various sites I have found this one to be the most accurate! Although the weather is so localised that it can be raining hard in Sella and not a drop in Finestrat etc. does have an app

http://www.eltiempo.es/?gclid=Cj0KEQiA5dK0BRCr49qDzILe74UBEiQA_6gA-qQ98b9uD...

Not sure if you have registered with us for the miniguides to the Costa Blanca that you can download! A few areas that we are bolting right now are best found on the facebook page!

http://theorangehouse.co.uk/mini-guides

We have many single climbers staying all season so if you get stuck pass by and say hello.

Sam Orange House
Post edited at 14:20
NZClimber 12 Jan 2016
In reply to Sam Mayfield:

Thanks Sam,

I am travelling with a friend so we are sorted for climbing, however we will for sure pop in to say hello and get a bit of advice
(and the occasional night in a proper bed... out of the van maybe)

how do I join/subscribe to view the mini-PDFs? the blog subscription doesnt seem to help

Thanks
 Sam Mayfield 04 Feb 2016
In reply to NZClimber:

sorry only just noticed this and hope you got it sorted!

When you subscribe it should automatically send you an email which has the password, you then head back to the page and login!

Anyone else had problems please let me know.

Thanks Sam Orange

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...