UKC

Peak grit bouldering conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kevster 14 Jan 2016
Evening.
What are conditions in eastern peak for bouldering currently please?
Also what's the ground like? Waterlogged or stable to walk on etc?
Just thinking of heading up, but don't want to make the journey for uncomfortable conditions.
Thanks!
 ashtond6 14 Jan 2016
In reply to Kevster:

Uncomfortable conditions? It's all relative, the floor is wet, rock is drying and it's forecast to be -3 at the weekend with snow before it
 Shapeshifter 14 Jan 2016
In reply to Kevster:

Went to Burbage South Wednesday for a look and a quick potter. Stuff in the sun drying slowly and everything else still damp. Even the dry-ish stuff still felt a bit damp rather than crisp.
OP Kevster 14 Jan 2016
In reply to Kevster:

Thank you for your replies. Still maybe, but swinging towards probably not. Cheers
 Si dH 15 Jan 2016
In reply to Kevster:
These replies are weird, this weekend looks absolutely perfect unless you really struggle in the cold. No snow has fallen - I think that's further north. And boulders can dry in minutes with a bit of sun. You can't always judge conditions until the actual morning you are going out, but for a winters weekend, the next 3 days look about as reliable as it gets.
Post edited at 07:44
 Shapeshifter 15 Jan 2016
In reply to Si dH:

The OP didn't ask what conditions would be like at the weekend - he asked what they were like currently (Thursday). Hence my reply - there's been a lot of rain and anything not in direct sun was taking a while to dry - not sure what's weird about that.
 Adam Long 15 Jan 2016
In reply to Si dH:

There was a couple of inches on the moors yesterday but it mostly thawed. Today looks fantastic apart from the wind (though that should help dry anything that needs it). The weekend looks mint. You can follow the Stanage warden on twitter (@northlees) for daily photos of conditions.
OP Kevster 15 Jan 2016
In reply to Adam Long:

Thanks again.
Didn't know about the stanage warden thing...

ashtond6 15 Jan 2016
In reply to Si dH:

He asked if conditions were uncomfortable. I'd consider -2 to be uncomfortable to most. Even if it's not an issue for me

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...