UKC

Which Scottish ski centre has the best conditions this weekend

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CurlyStevo 15 Jan 2016
Hi,
Which Scottish ski centre has the best conditions for pisted skiing this weekend?

Looking at blue and green runs mostly and some red.

Also its better if its not likely to be mega mobbed I don't like horrific queues (ok maybe they all will be but still....)

Cheers,
Stevo
 planetmarshall 15 Jan 2016
In reply to CurlyStevo:

Hillend.
OP CurlyStevo 15 Jan 2016
In reply to planetmarshall:

Any sensible suggestions?

I've not skied many times in Scotland and have only been to Aviemore and Nevis Range before.
 DaveHK 15 Jan 2016
In reply to CurlyStevo:

As always, Cairngorm will be ridiculously busy with mega long queues and slow lifts so I'd avoid it whatever the nick is like.
 kathrync 15 Jan 2016
In reply to CurlyStevo:

It looks like Cairngorm and Glenshee currently have a higher proportion of lifts running than Nevis or Glencoe. I suspect all of the resorts will be mobbed this weekend. Assuming it will be busy, I would personally take Glenshee over Cairngorm, because waiting in the queue for the funicular always seems to take forever!
 eltankos 15 Jan 2016
In reply to CurlyStevo:

I'd say Glenshee if I was heading up. But looking at your criteria the Lecht could be a better bet. Hope you have a great day anyway.
In reply to eltankos:
Lecht might be a bit far. Glenshee is the closest resort to me anyways so maybe I'll head there.

Thanks for the advice everyone!
Post edited at 14:12
 Dark-Cloud 15 Jan 2016
In reply to kathrync:

> I suspect all of the resorts will be mobbed this weekend.

Understatement of the day !!
 mike123 15 Jan 2016
In reply to CurlyStevo:
The OH was at cairngorm yesterday and is there today . She said that yesterday The snow on the plateau ( where the. Greens and blues are ) was excellent and they had a really good day . I got a text from her about 20 minutes ago saying that vis today was poor but even more snow and possibly better than yesterday . There is of course a way to avoid too long a wait for the funicular , get there really early and be near the front of the line . Once on top , stay up there until towads the end of the day . I ve only really piste skied mid week at cairngorm but have never found the wait that bad . Of course it's likely to mobbed this weekend but someone has to be at the front of the line.
IMHO , cairngorm is better than Glenshee for what you want, but maybe that's just me.
Post edited at 14:29
In reply to mike123:

One of the few times I've been to Cairngorm Skiing it was horribly busy throughout the ski centre, I figure this weekend could be a busy one.
 Jim Fraser 19 Jan 2016
In reply to CurlyStevo:

Cairngorm was in very good nick today (Tues 19th Jan) with a very large proportion of runs and lifts open. A bit misty, sub-zero but not excessively cold, still air, not too busy.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...