UKC

Techy question but pretty walking/climbing related.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Hyphin 17 Jan 2016
Have taken out a subscription with OS maps. Can access 1:25k 1:50k fine and highlight area I want to print. Clicking "print" opens a dialogue box and a wee pop-up of the area, can even move this around by moving the main map. Clicking "print" on the dialogue box opens another box which claims to be requesting the map; them just goes straight back to previous screen. Selecting "preview" from the dialogue box gets same "requesting map" box followed by a pop-up of the area to be printed, hitting the "print" button again takes me back to original map.
Doing all this on a hudl 1, have tried both chrome and Firefox browsers as I know chrome can be a bit funny about opening some things.
Printer is a new canon PIXMA MG5650, seemed to connect fine to wifi and after some messing about is now connected to cloud.
Seems strange that OS maps doesn't even seem to try to find a printer, no messages saying it can't find one. Also doesn't seem to offer an option to download map to make available off-line; I thought that was ones of the features available to subscribers.

Have tried Google and have rtfm ( neither canon nor OS one that helpful), so appealing to the combined wisdom of UKC, thanks.
 Mr Trebus 17 Jan 2016
In reply to Hyphin:

I had issues with it on my tablet, but fine on laptop. To be honest, I find I find the tablet screen to small to be useful when looking at the OS maps
OP Hyphin 17 Jan 2016
In reply to Mr Trebus:

Yea I'm more concerned about printing out extracts, to scale, on A4 paper. Have tried printing screenshots from the free access OS maps on walk Highlands but can't seem to get them to print to scale.
 Mr Trebus 17 Jan 2016
In reply to Hyphin:

Have you definitely selected the print to scale option and not the print to page?
OP Hyphin 17 Jan 2016
In reply to Mr Trebus:

Yea, problem seems to be when I select print, all other parameters selected, says it's requesting map puts up an I'm busy sign for a bit then goes straight back to main map page. If it was simply that printer wasn't set up properly I'd expect to get a message along those lines, but no communication just straight back to map.
craigloon 23 Jan 2016
In reply to Hyphin:

Did you ever resolve this issue? I have another one, which is also annoying. I took out the OS Maps subscription and printed out a 1:50,000 section centred around Cairngorm. I chose the "To Scale" option in the Print menu. It printed out fine, but when I measured the grid spacing it was 2.1 cm instead of 2 cm. Anyone else have this, or any idea how to correct it?
OP Hyphin 23 Jan 2016
In reply to craigloon:

No, works fine on PC and laptop, latter wasn't connected to a printer but at least the usual print dialogue box asking to be connected to one appeared. Reckon it's a hudl thing, can't find anything on line about it so reckon it's probably such a niche problem (can't be much call for printing maps from a hudl) that no one's going to put much effort into solving.
OP Hyphin 23 Jan 2016
In reply to craigloon:

Just checked the trial 1:50k that I printed out ( at work so don't tell anyone) lines up perfectly with romer scale.
Double check printer settings?
craigloon 25 Jan 2016
In reply to Hyphin:

Cheers. Just tried it printing from Chrome and it lines up exactly as you say. The problem seems to be with Safari.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...