UKC

North Yorkshire/North East sheltered crag for tomorrow?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Anti-faff 29 Jan 2016
Hoping to head outside somewhere tomorrow but don't want to get blown away by Gertrude. I was considering Eavestone but the guidebook suggests it could be quite green.

Any suggestions for somewhere sheltered but not slimey? Bouldering or routes, I'm not fussed.

I live in Darlington but don't mind travelling for up to an hour or so.

Cheers.

Tom
 Mountain Llama 29 Jan 2016
In reply to Bishop: v windy today maybe it's time for.....
http://www.rockantics.co.uk
OP Anti-faff 29 Jan 2016
In reply to Mountain Llama:
Yeah you could be right.

I was there last night though and I'm getting a bit bored with being inside all the time. Not that keen on the routes there either really.
 petegunn 29 Jan 2016
In reply to Bishop:
Brimham Rocks, routes and bouldering. Theres always something dry there to climb and has many sheltered spots.
Plus Eavestone is close by if you wanted to take a look, I doubt there will be anything dry though.
Post edited at 11:02
 Simon Caldwell 29 Jan 2016
In reply to Bishop:

Peak Scar - despite being in a damp gorge is often much drier than you'd expect, also faces east so sheltered from Gertrude. Top-outs can be interesting if the grass is wet though!
 ActionSte 29 Jan 2016
In reply to Bishop:

Ill second peak scar, something will be dry on that. Ravenswick quarry will be dry & sheltered for sure, or just hit up wainstones - if its blowing on that you can always go round the corner to ravens scar.
OP Anti-faff 29 Jan 2016
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

Cheers. I was just talking to someone about Peak Scar the other day, I haven't been before so I might shuffle down and have a look.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...