UKC

BD Snaggletooth - user reviews

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ardo 06 Feb 2016
So anybody fired the BD Snaggletooth in anger and if so, what are your impressions?
 RyanOsborne 06 Feb 2016
In reply to nrhardy:

Is this a troll? Surely there's not actually a crampon called snaggletooth?

... does a quick google...

OMG.
In reply to nrhardy:

I'll let you know shortly just took the plunge on a set hopefully I'll have them on something around the Coe midweek. For £100 it was to good to miss
 GarethSL 06 Feb 2016
In reply to nrhardy:

A few friends tried them at the Rjukan ice festival last year and were pleasantly surprised.
OP Ardo 06 Feb 2016
In reply to stevieweesaxs107:

Nice one. Where did you pick them up for £100?
 top cat 06 Feb 2016
In reply to nrhardy:

Is that main point oversized or does it just look that way? And unless it has moved in-board a bit, then maybe a DIY job on an old pair of conventional crampons??
OP Ardo 06 Feb 2016
In reply to top cat:

No, the secondary point is smaller, so it's almost a horizontal mono-point, but not quite.

I'll stay away from DIY-ing, but let me know how you get on, if you give it a whirl!!
 galpinos 06 Feb 2016
In reply to top cat:

The whole "product story" when it was launched went on about an employee cutting one point off to prove it was a good idea but I think they've put a fair bit of effort into strengthening the main point.

Well, I did think that but after the recent recall....
 Shaneclimbing 06 Feb 2016
In reply to nrhardy:

I'd rather my Stingers for mixed stuff but I'm sure the Snaggletooths would be great on neve and easier ice routes. Only actually used them once so far, noticeably lighter than the Stingers though
In reply to Shaneclimbing:

Likewise I'll keep my stingers for more technical stuff,and use the snaggles for everything else
Bar winter walking, interested to see how they perform on ice
 top cat 07 Feb 2016
In reply to nrhardy:

I've just got to have a pair with a name like that.......who cares how well they work )

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...