UKC

Fjallraven jacket sizing: small, big or just right?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ardo 17 Feb 2016
Looking at getting a Fjallraven jacket, (Skogso), but no shop nearby to try on, so anybody have a Fjallraven jacket?

I'm 39/40" chest, which size chart indicates as Large, but wear medium in Mountain Equipment and small in Patagonia, so wondering how low to go.
 RyanOsborne 17 Feb 2016
In reply to nrhardy:

I wear medium Rab and medium Fjallraven. The fit is slim, but they're really well cut, so you don't get big wide flappy bits at the side, it's trimmed in.

Is there a Cotswolds near you? The one in Manc has got quite a few bits of Fjallraven stuff.
 JayPee630 17 Feb 2016
In reply to nrhardy:

I've got a Fjallraven casual jacket, and it's a medium and fits perfectly and I'm 5'10" and 75kg. I usually take a medium in ME, Patagonia, and Rab.

They do make nice stuff, I'm going to get a pair of their trekking trousers.
OP Ardo 17 Feb 2016
In reply to RyanOsborne:

Thanks for the info. I'm a medium in Rab as well, so with this info, the fact that the nearest Cotswolds is Buxton and me being really quite lazy, I'll order medium!!
 CurlyStevo 17 Feb 2016
In reply to nrhardy:

I'm not majorly impressed with the Fjallraven jacket I have. It leaks pretty much immediately when pressed by rucksack straps if its raining.
 toad 17 Feb 2016
In reply to CurlyStevo:

have you tried waxing it? (assuming it's g-1000) I have one I use for dog walking/ birding/ outdoor stuff and I've waxed it a few times. It's very good for that sort of activity, less so for proper mountain walking, but I don't think it's designed for that. Similarly I tend not to use my goretex jacket unless I really, really need a bomb proof shell, because it's very visible and it's vulnerable to ripping/ wear. horses for courses, I guess
 CurlyStevo 17 Feb 2016
In reply to toad:
I haven't added more wax yet, but it is already not particularly breathable and adding more wax reduces that further.

Not used mine out side of town yet and not in very heavy rain. Any bag strap pushing on the jacket made it leak from day one.

Only worn it about 5 times and rain has already stopped beading up on it in large areas too. My stretchy soft shell jackets are more effective IMO.
Post edited at 13:22
 nathan79 17 Feb 2016
In reply to nrhardy:

I've got a Greenland Parka in XL. For an XL it's tighter than I'd expect, I'm 5' 11" 103kg or so and probably a 44-45" chest at the moment. Fits okay enough but I can't wear too much underneath it.

Quality garment though, already had it 2 or 3 years and it's still like new.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...