UKC

Nepal Itinerary...Any thoughts

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 cfer 17 Feb 2016
So below is my Itinerary for the Nepal trip I am doing with some explorer scouts in december. Any thoughts or ideas on things to do and see....

Day 01. Arrival in Kathmandu. (1350m)
Day 02. Kathmandu orientation / acclimatization / preparation day. (1350m)
Day 03. Drive from Kathmandu to Charauti, then rafting in Trisuli river 23 km and overnight in camping at the river bank. (900m)
Day 04: After breakfast, rafting 18 km, finish rafting at Mugling, then drive to Pokhara by tourist bus. (850m)
Day 05: Pokhara- drive to Nayapul, trek to Tikhedhunga. (1520m)
Day 06: Tikhedhunga to Ghorepani. (2750m)
Day 07: Ghreopani- Poon Hill(3210) decent to Tadapani. (2700m)
Day 08: Tadapani to Chhomrong (2170m)
Day 09: Chhomrong to Bamboo (2310m)
Day 10: Bamboo to Deurali (3230m)
Day 11: Deurali to Annapurna Base Camp (4130m)
Day 12: Annapurna Base Camp to Bamboo (2310m)
Day 13: Bamboo to Jhinu Danda natural hot spring. (1760m)
Day 14: Jhinu Danda to Pothana, (1990m)
Day 15: Pothana to Phedi, then drive to Pokhara (850m)
Day 16: Pokhara Rest day. Paragliding and sight seeing.
Day 17: Pokhara to Kathmandu (1350m)
Day 18: School Project
Day 19: School Project.
Day 20: School Project
Day 21: School Project
Day 22: School Project
Day 23: Kathmandu guided city tour and shopping
Day 24: Fly back home

To say Im excited is an understatement, I cannot wait for December, and Nepal has always been on my list to visit
 sheffieldchris 17 Feb 2016
In reply to cfer:

day 7 is going to be one heck of a big day for younger people who are not as fit as they should be.
my group I was leading were shattered at the end of that day, have a look at staying a little short of Tadapani and doing a little more the next day.
OP cfer 18 Feb 2016
In reply to sheffieldchris:

Thanks

They are all 18+ and we have about 6 overnight hikes before travel and the 3 peaks as well so hopefully we will be in shape but will speak with the Sirdar and see what he thinks

What were the highlights for you? Anything in Kathmandu that is a must see? Or anything else in country that we should look at?
 Tony the Blade 18 Feb 2016
In reply to cfer:

This looks amazing, I agree with the above comment regarding day 7, that's a mammoth day.

Also, I would consider staying at Machapuchare Base Camp for a night and leaving before sun rise, that way you have a relatively easy walk in to ABC during sunrise, it is stunningly spectacular, and you get more time around ABC to talk about it's importance in mountaineering history - visit Anatoli Boukreev's memorial and have photo's taken among the prayer flags with Annapurna in the background.

Yes, I'm envious.
OP cfer 18 Feb 2016
In reply to Tony the Blade:

Hi Tony, thanks for that, will have to have a look at changing the night to a stay at MBC.

I really cant wait...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...