UKC

Picos de Europa Walking Guidebook?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Oujmik 21 Feb 2016
We're thinking of a walking trip to the Picos and I'm looking for an English guidebook focussed on walks (ideally circular and with an element of adventure) . The only one I can find is a Sunflower guide which looks okay but maybe a little limited. There's a German one that looks good (Cordula Rabe) but I don't speak German and there doesn't appear to be an English version. I could possibly live with a Spanish book as I speak reasonable Spanish but I don't really have much walking-specific vocab.

Any tips?
 johnt 21 Feb 2016
In reply to Oujmik:

Cicerone do a guide - 'Picos De Europa Walks and Climbs' - it retails for £12.95
I've got one (almost new) you could have for £6.50 posted if you get stuck.

Also, just to hijack the thread a little, if anyone needs a copy of the climbing guide 'Cordillera Cantabrica Escaladas Selectas En Roca', I have one for sale also...

OP Oujmik 22 Feb 2016
In reply to johnt:

I've seen the Cicerone one before but it's not really what we're after - mostly seems to be sketched topos of alpine-type routes with no maps etc. I found a Spanish version of the German guide, so that might be of use. There are a couple of English guides on Amazon but they all get pretty poor reviews.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...