UKC

Art installation made from DMM Bugette's!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dell 25 Feb 2016
Anyone remember this?

"They were used for making an art installation at llamff 2004."

Some bloke on Facebook climbing exchange claims to have hundreds of Bugette's for sale. said they were left over from a display and have been stuck in his garage ever since. He's trying to get rid of them, plenty to go round!
In reply to Dell:

speakinng of which, LLAMFF 2016 is next weekend!
 humptydumpty 26 Feb 2016
In reply to Dell:

link?
OP Dell 26 Feb 2016

Thanks's for all your replies'

Here is the link, if you find the actual post on the group page, there's a little bit of chat underneath asking questions and whatnot.
I'm after a bugette, but this just sounds a little too odd, hence my question regarding the so called 'art installation at llamff' claim.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207822038340320&set=gm.941497...
 humptydumpty 26 Feb 2016
In reply to Dell:

Doesn't seem that odd to me.
OP Dell 26 Feb 2016
In reply to humptydumpty:

It has been suggested that these may be recalls, Chinese knock offs or nicked, by some of the members of the facebook group.

If someone who can remember this art thing from all those years ago can confirm it, then all good.
 humptydumpty 26 Feb 2016
In reply to Dell:

Yeah the speculation seems odd, though.

Chinese knock-off bugs seem quite unlikely; bugettes even more so. As the OP on facebook has pointed out.

Recalls... has there ever been a bugette recall? My internet doesn't think so, and there's not much to go wrong with one unless it's either made from the wrong metal or the wire comes off. The former seems a bit of a schoolboy error and the latter wouldn't be fatal.

And finally, if I was trying to fence 600 stolen belay devices I wouldn't try to sell them in bulk on a public internet forum.
 galpinos 27 Feb 2016
In reply to Dell:

It doesn't seem dodgy to me? Bearing in mind he's a semi-famous local wad who probably knows most of the people at DMM, it would be incredibly unlikely that he's trying to do something dodgy. I imagine they were used for an art installation art LLAMF in 2004 and have been forgotten in his garage......

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...