UKC

El Chorro for kids

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Gone for good 28 Feb 2016
Heading off to Malaga with the kids for a week at easter. Is there anything at El Chorro I can take the kids up? I'm thinking 3s and 4s single pitch if possible.
The youngest is 10 and has climbed before.
In reply to Gone for good:
Valle de Abdalajis (Sectors Diagonal & Central) has several such routes & easy access; Sector Castrojo (bottom of Frontales, easy walk from El Chorro station) & Sectors Sergio & Suiza (Escalera Arabe, upper end of crags, easyish access with car or long uphill walk-in) also well provided with 4s. Nik
Post edited at 21:35
Gone for good 28 Feb 2016
In reply to buxtoncoffeelover:

Brilliant. Thank you for the info.
 tjekel 29 Feb 2016

sorry for hijacking that thread ... are these (and other) sectors also good for smaller children, i.e. with a reasonably flat base?
 drgrange 29 Feb 2016

Rocabella

This is a lovely spot and worth a look with the kids
In reply to tjekel:

It's all rough/scrubby terrain with loose stuff & drop-offs. Even the vegetation is aggressive. I personally wouldn't take young kids there unless they were crag - adapted rockrats
 Andy Say 01 Mar 2016
In reply to tjekel:

You'd probably be better off looking at El Torcal. Think 'limestone Brimham'.
 climberchristy 01 Mar 2016

Yes el torcal is a wonderful place. Great scenery and v child friendly _ flat open spaces between buttresses.
 tjekel 02 Mar 2016
In reply to Andy Say:

thanks - although limestone brimham does not give an overall impression for Austrians.

yes she is a crag rat.

Try rockabella, sector Serena, top suiza all benign and in the samend area. Stay at olive branch where you can get info easily on new easier routes which may not yet be in the guide.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...