UKC

Alpkit Arctic Dream 1200 Reviews?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mike_Bottom 02 Mar 2016
I'm going to the Pamirs in July, need a sleeping bag rated to -20 comfort... looking at something like the Rab Andes range... But the Alpkit Arctic Dream is half the price with impressive temperature ratings!

Anyone got one / used one?
Any reviews on Performace, outer fabric, weight, packability and durability?

Basically I want to know if anyone has had any horror stories with one where it fell apart or was poor quality or something crazy, i can't afford for that to happen but would much rather save £300 on a sleeping bag!
 Pewtle 02 Mar 2016
In reply to Mike_Bottom:

Not sure on the sleeping bags, but the rest of their kit is pretty decent. I have the Filo down jacket and its great for the price, pretty well made and has so far avoided being duct-taped up.
 gethin_allen 02 Mar 2016
In reply to Mike_Bottom:

I have a pipedream 600 that's been very good for the price, well made and lofts very well. Loads of friends have various alpkit bags (various sky high and pipedream models) and all are positive about them.
 splat2million 02 Mar 2016
In reply to Mike_Bottom:

I have the Arctic Dream 1400 and think it's a great bag. I've not tested it in very cold weather yet, only down to about -5, but it's very warm and i don think ive needed to zip it all the way up yet. The make is good quality, and it has a pretty good pack size when compressed in its sack and not too heavy (can't remember the exact weight but I'm sure it's online.
I've only slept in it up to about 4800-5000m and been lucky with weather so far so not tested it anywhere near it's limit yet but so far am very pleased with it (apart from the fact that they dropped the prices a couple of months after I bought mine!)
 Mal Grey 02 Mar 2016
In reply to Mike_Bottom:

Have a Pipedream, which is not really comparable, but the quality is excellent.
 Ridge 02 Mar 2016
In reply to Mike_Bottom:

Can't comment on that particular model, but I have the Alpine Dream 700 ( think that's right). It's 10 years old and still in good nick. Not quite as nice a design and finish compared to the Rab and PHD offerings, but does the job well enough for me. Can't fault it.
OP Mike_Bottom 03 Mar 2016
In reply to Mike_Bottom:

Thanks...all good news so far! just what I wanted to hear

Any more reviews keep them coming!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...