UKC

Shortest route fro road to Kinder Downfall?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dave Stelmach 12 Nov 2003
Need shortest route for lots of photo gear from parking to Kinder Downfall please.
 Al Evans 12 Nov 2003
In reply to Dave Stelmach: Go to Hayfield, drive up the valley to the car park, walk past the res and up the river valley to the Downfall. If you have a mate you could drop all the gear off at the road end but dont park there, its taboo.
OP Dave Stelmach 12 Nov 2003
In reply to Al Evans: Thanks Al
 sutty 12 Nov 2003
In reply to Dave Stelmach:

Amazing isn't it, a bloke in Spain tells someone in Yorkshire how to get to the Downfall. What a good site this is for information. Ask where to stay anywhere in the world more or less and someone will know.

Dave, That route may be the shortest but I think walking up from Tunstead house on the path by Kinderlow end is an easier haul if you have a heavy load although a mile more to walk. It is a short steep bit then a steady pull all the way up.
you decide on which suits.
 Al Evans 13 Nov 2003
In reply to sutty: Actually you are probably right Sutty, and it depends on whether you want to arrive at the top or the foot of the downfall, I think the river is a nicer walk though.
 Offwidth 13 Nov 2003
In reply to sutty:

When climbing up there I nearly always walk up from just below The Snake Pass Inn and having tried all ways its the quickest (just...but also has the big bonus of convenience for me being on the east side). I think direct south from The Pass itself is the shortest (as the crow flies) and also the worst.
 sutty 13 Nov 2003
In reply to Al Evans:

They are all nice walks, it was carrying the camera gear that made me suggest the other way. If going for scenic shots your way is the best, if going to take pictures of routes and time is the decider mine. I would not go from the North, it is a steep flog up Seal Flats or Fairbrook. The same from Grindsbrook, even the name tells you that, and then you have the bogs to cross.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...