UKC

Britain's Largest Indoor Domestic Climbing Wall?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Don Oldroyd 09 Mar 2016
premier post photo

For Sale: property containing probably Britain's largest domestic indoor climbing wall.

The 6.5 acre property is situated in Radnorshire, Powys, in beautiful mid- Wales hill country.

THE WALL

This professionally built 20 ft. wall has approximately 1150 sq.ft. (107 sq.m.) of climbing surfaces and is equipped for both top-roping and leading. It contains a high-angle roof; an overhang; vertical sections with aretes and corners and an 80 degrees slab. It comes with sufficient holds to furnish approximately 45 routes at any one time.

The wall under my ownership has become a focus for a select group of climbers in Radnorshire. Whoever buys the property will of course have the option of continuing this mutually beneficial relationship with local climbers.

A new climbing guide to the real mid-Wales is near to publication and includes Radnorshire and bordering counties.

THE PROPERTY

The property is a large modern 4 bedroom bungalow with an extension containing the climbing wall. It has a lounge and a large sun/garden room. Both rooms look out over stunning views. It also has a dining room, kitchen, utility room, store/workshop and garage.

The gardens are another major feature of the property (thanks to my wife) and are widely admired.

Also included is a wild flower meadow, wildlife area, ponds and 200 metres of brook. The remaining land is currently let for sheep grazing though would be suitable for horses.

I am advertising the property in the climbing media before going the usual estate agent route, so if you are seeking a change in lifestyle or are planning an active retirement, then here is a unique opportunity. If its not for you but you know someone who might be interested then spread the word please!
£448,000 freehold .. more photos and details available.

Tel: Don on 01597 851 433

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...