UKC

Trail shoes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Phil1919 14 Mar 2016
I bought a pair of Salomon approach type shoes less than a year ago, when in Aviemore. I really wouldn't say that I've overused them. The whole of the footbed is coming away on both shoes, held on at the moment by the toe and heel areas. Have any others had problems like this. Have I got a legitimate complaint worth following up bearing in my I have no receipt and I bought them in Aviemore, 250 miles away. Thanks. Ps. is it possible to get soles that have been stitched on?!
In reply to Phil1919:

It might help inform replies if you name the model of shoe and a rough idea of use e.g. miles and conditions in use/storage.
 AsleepOnBelay 21 Mar 2016
In reply to Phil1919:

I've just successfully returned and had replaced a pair of salomon speedcross because the upper had failed on both shoes. I'd done 400k in them, and they werent otherwise very worn, i.e. sole etc.

If I were you I would clean them up, take a few photos and email them to the shop you bought them from. Good shops will handle this well for you, good luck

Now I am going to return my Solutions that had the strap wear out before the rubber!
 wbo 21 Mar 2016
In reply to Phil1919: i have no idea of an answer as i dont know what you've done in them, nor which shoes they are. I have a pair of speedcross that are holding up pretty well and i would consider myself a heavy user by most standards.

Also i have found Salomon service pretty good to deal with.

OP Phil1919 21 Mar 2016
In reply to wbo:

Thanks all. Good advice about photos etc. In the end I took them into Cobbler John, Kendal and he has glued the bottoms back on. £5. I think it will be a good enough job to feel like I will have got value for money eventually. I don't think I'd buy Salamon again. But I will also be careful to buy shoes locally next time as I can ask the shop to help out if there is a problem. I was a bit caught out and bought them in a rush last year.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...