UKC

Llangollen kids climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sam W 20 Mar 2016
Hi, thinking if taking the kids (3 and 5) out on routes for the first time. Is there anything really easy around Llangollen that would be suitable?
In reply to Sam W:

There are some easy, friendly, sports climbs at Trefor Quarry which isn't far from Llangollen, have introduced lots of youngsters to climbing there. Don't be put off by it being a quarry, the view is spectacular, and there's a very nice pub with good food on the way in.
 quirky 20 Mar 2016
In reply to paul_in_cumbria:

Down at the far side of Padarn there is a lovely little outcrop with very child friendly climbing in the sunshine (hopefully ).
OP Sam W 20 Mar 2016
In reply to quirky:

Thanks. Where's Padarn? Can't find it in the log books, everything takes me to stuff round Llanberis
 jezb1 20 Mar 2016
In reply to Sam W:

That's where it is, quite far from Llangollen.
 woppo 20 Mar 2016
In reply to jezb1:

I think you mean Lyon rocks, a long way from Llangollen (relatively!)
Bernard Shakey 20 Mar 2016
In reply to Sam W:

At Pandy outcrop near Glyn Ceiriog there is a very easy slab you could set top ropes up on, might need a bit of a brush. Its a lovely spot to, about 5 mile from LLangollen over the top.
 ian.morrissey 20 Mar 2016
In reply to Sam W:

If they are 3-5 years old the lower slabby bit of Trevor Rocks quarry will be fine. The bolted routes further round start at F4.
OP Sam W 20 Mar 2016
In reply to Sam W:

Thanks all, we'll pick the sunniest day and head to Trevor.
 quirky 21 Mar 2016
In reply to Sam W:

Yeah sorry, "read the original post properly" is now my mantra!!! Was thinking Llanberis.... D'oh!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...