UKC

Offset Cams - Any Advice?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Aly 30 Mar 2016
Hello all,

I'm looking for a medium sized offset friend, ideally something like a wild country 2.5/3 or similar (a 2/2.5 might also do). I've done a fair bit of searching but can't find anybody that still makes them in that size, it looks like Wild Country stopped making them years ago.

Does anybody have any ideas of where I might track one down, or does anybody have one they'd be willing to sell? It doesn't matter if it's flexi or rigid stem, either would do. An old WC one would be perfect.
Cheers.
 CurlyStevo 31 Mar 2016
In reply to Aly:

Perhaps a totem would work as they have greater range per unit
OP Aly 31 Mar 2016
In reply to CurlyStevo:

Hmm, that's an interesting thought but having a look on their website I think they'd be too small. The largest cam only goes up to 52mm which is smaller than a Friend 2 unfortunately.
 HeMa 31 Mar 2016
In reply to Aly:

DIY as in change the lobes your self?
 AlanLittle 31 Mar 2016
In reply to Aly:

You may be getting confused with the New Friends which have completely different sizing. The red Totem is about the same size as a Friend 2.5
OP Aly 31 Mar 2016
In reply to AlanLittle:

Right that makes a lot of sense, I'll have a look at the red totems then.

So not only have they stopped making the trusty technical friend, but they've changed all the sizes as well?
Please excuse me whilst I have an existential crisis over here...
 TobyA 31 Mar 2016
In reply to Aly:

Aly, I have two virtually unused Wild Country Offset friends, can't remember the size but it could be 1.5-2 and 2-2.5. I would happily still use them myself including the slings as I know they've always been stored in dry, dark places. They are 90s vintage but as I say, I've used them very little. Would you be interested in buying them? The only thing is I think they might be in my parent's attic not mine if you need them quick smart.
OP Aly 31 Mar 2016
In reply to TobyA:

Hi Toby, yes I'd certainly be interested in them. Are they rigid stems or flexi?
I think the larger one would be of more use, how much were you thinking? I'm not in a particular rush for them, it's for a project that I'm probably not going to able to get back to for a month or so.
 TobyA 31 Mar 2016
In reply to Aly:

I'll send you an email and we can discuss further. They are both flexi stems, did they ever make them with rigid stems?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...