UKC

Pleasley vale topo

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bisto15 04 Apr 2016
I am looking for a decent topo of pleasley vale if anyone could help. I bought an old hardback chatsworth area guide book but the topos are not great, all sketched with only random route lines shown. If anyone knows where i could get a usefull topo of pleasley vale it would be much appreciated. Cheers
Trev
 Offwidth 04 Apr 2016
In reply to Bisto15:

There is bouldering info here but Chatsworth is the best around at present.

http://peakbouldering.info/areas/7-far-eastern-limestone/crags/90-pleasley-...
 DerwentDiluted 04 Apr 2016
In reply to Bisto15:
Still a bit of a rarity the Pleasley topo. I doubt it will make it into the BMC limestone south guide, I think there's a need for a 'midlands rock' guide to cover all the bits from Nottinghamshire down to Worcestershire that get missed, but I don't think it would be a best seller and would need a large team given the wide area.
I have tried to collate all the information into the UKC guide Pleasley Vale and describe the routes, even the 'orrible vegetated ones. But this assumes access to the Chatsworth guide.
Post edited at 12:16
 Offwidth 04 Apr 2016
In reply to DerwentDiluted:

It should be in Limestone South (unless the BMC don't do something daft). Its a limestone rarity like Harborough.. good lower grades routes and bouldering at the grades most people climb (and buy guidebooks). Chatsworth was also a BMC guide, so its clearly in their territory.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...