UKC

How long to get through Barcelona El Prat Airport

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
J1234 13 Apr 2016
I appreciate there are many variables. However our plane lands at 21.15 and the Car rental desk closes at 22.00, which is starting to seem mighty tight. Should I be looking at Plan B?
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 13 Apr 2016
In reply to Lenin:

> I appreciate there are many variables. However our plane lands at 21.15 and the Car rental desk closes at 22.00, which is starting to seem mighty tight. Should I be looking at Plan B?

Is it actually a desk in the airport and do you have bags to collect? We always send the driver (me) on ahead to sort the car whilst the team waits for the bags which can speed things up a lot.

Hope it isn't with Sun Car!

Chris
J1234 13 Apr 2016
In reply to Chris Craggs:
Hi Chris. Auto Europe rocks. Just phoned a lovely lady in Maine (America) , no problem Firefly are open until 23.45, £11 extra same car. Would you like to go ahead with that.
New voucher now printed
Post edited at 08:44
 biscuit 13 Apr 2016
In reply to Lenin:

Last week it was very quick with similar arrival time.

Did you tell them flight details/time of arrival on booking? They should be aware.

Just email them and ask would be best.
J1234 13 Apr 2016
In reply to biscuit:

Cheers, that sounds a plan but for £11 why worry?
 Theo Moore 13 Apr 2016
In reply to Lenin:

We went with Auto Click when we rented at Barca airport. Took us about 2 hours to find the courtesy book that went to their rental desk a mile from the airport!
 seankenny 13 Apr 2016
In reply to Lenin:

If it's Goldcar then you have to go off site, with long waiting times - it is an overall pain in the arse. If the car hire desk is in the terminal then you'll be fine, even if you arrive at the other terminal. There are shuttle buses which connect and it's very easy. I've never had a problem arriving late and picking up a car.
J1234 13 Apr 2016
In reply to seankenny:

> If it's Goldcar

I would rather walk.

ben b 13 Apr 2016
In reply to Lenin:

Depends on airline and hence terminals. T1 is swish. T2 is definitely not. Travelling between them requires a bus journey and a reasonable amount of walking. If you're on BA or Iberia then T1 and all easy...

I was in Barcelona this time last year - the food was fantastic great city, have fun!

b

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...