UKC

Dali's Hole access

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mountain Lass 13 Apr 2016
Hello

I've not been on the Slate in an age and am taking my partner there this weekend who has never climbed on slate.

I had heard that Dali's hole has some easier lines now, but that there are access issues.

Can anyone update me on the current situation please? Thanks.

ml
 MikeSP 13 Apr 2016
In reply to Mountain Lass:
I wouldn't use it. First Hydro have build a fence to restrict access (apparently it is too visible from the main path).
https://www.thebmc.co.uk/modules/RAD/viewcrag.aspx?id=583

If you want easy routes your best bet is to head up to The Sidings Level or Above the Rails in Australia.
Australia

Edited because I have fat fingers
Post edited at 11:23
 starbug 13 Apr 2016

Hi,
had exactly the same thought the other week, new to slate so went to look at the easier routes in Dali's Hole.

My advice forget it.

All routes easy routes to the right of "At the Cost of a Rope" E1 5b have had the bolt hangers removed. There are threads on the forum detailing the access issues etc and the reasons behind this.

As has been suggested carry on up to Australia and the Sidings loads to go at there from 3+ through to 6a+ with a whole bunch of 4's and 5's in between.

HTH
OP Mountain Lass 13 Apr 2016
In reply to starbug:

Thanks both. Really helpful. Australia it is.

Ml
 JSH 13 Apr 2016

it is fine to climb at dalis, not as close to to the path as never never land. you have to walk as you would to california and carry on though, bolts missing!!

MischaHY 13 Apr 2016

There's also a bunch of easy sport/trad in Serengeti.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...