UKC

Vented softshell pants

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Matt250 20 Apr 2016
I would like some midweight softshell pants that are vented for summer alpine and UK use. I'm looking for something like Rab vectors of Mammut Base Jump's with leg vents. Any recommendations would be much appreciated. I can't find anything at the moment.

Mark Haward 20 Apr 2016
In reply to Matt250:

I've found Montane softshell pants work for me most of the time. If cooler I also have Decathlon Simond Alpinism Pant - £39!
 wbo 20 Apr 2016
In reply to Matt250: if your wallet can take it Norrona Fjørå Flex1 are about as good as it gets

nniff 20 Apr 2016
In reply to Matt250:

Decathlon - excellent, cheap as chips and climber-shaped (in my case 6 feet tall and 11.5 stone, which is a Decathlon large). The Norrona stuff I tried seemed to be built for people who were a completely different shape (short and fat for the medium for a start). Rab's good - I can't think which ones they are but, they're simple (ie no 'features' but work very well.
 SenzuBean 20 Apr 2016
In reply to Matt250:

Big fan of Montane Terras - by far the best feel of any vented trousers I've worn to date. I've managed to put holes into two pairs now - but I guess considering the treatment they've gotten it's to be expected.

I have a pair of Berghaus vented trousers, and found that they're just not as good. Too stretchy, quite a lot heavier, buttons are an absolute faff, and too long in the leg (but unable to be shortened easily due to elastic cuffs).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...