UKC

Easy alpine summits near Geneva in late May??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dave 26 Apr 2016
Going to be in Geneva for a few days in late May and looking for ideas for some easy peaks we might be able to get to within a couple of hours drive, up to PD sort of level. Its a bit late for doing stuff on skis, a bit early for climbing at least at higher levels and most refuges and lifts seem to be closed before the summer alpine season starts. The only real idea I've had so far is the Dents du Midi, a peak I've long wanted to get up, though the refuge is closed still its possible in the day from the roadhead I think. Any other suggestions anybody?
OP Dave 02 May 2016
In reply to Dave:

Just wanted to bump this to see if anything came up..
 goatee 03 May 2016
In reply to Dave:
The Haut Cime in the DentDu Midi is great. All others in the group are Ad or above
The refuge Dents du Midi is unmanned but I would highly recommend a night there. A stunning place and once you get the fire going really cosy as well. You can access the Haut Cime by dropping down to the col. You won't regret it.
Post edited at 08:54
 alasdair19 03 May 2016
In reply to Dave:

there has been a lot of late snow so you can probably still ski plenty. if you've plenty cash zermatt / sass fee would be a obvious place to start.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...