UKC

Kayland revolution - Any experiences?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
BD 17 Nov 2003
Anyone has used/has an opinion on Kayland Revolution boots? Any comments will be appreciated!

Thanks
OP Anonymous 17 Nov 2003
In reply to BD: Not sure how helpful this is, but I have Kayland Multi-Traction, a walking boot that has the same last and "phroof" lining as the Revolution. The fit is narrow, closer to La Sportiva than Scarpa. The waterproof barrier seals out water, but it also makes my feet overheat and sweat a lot. I'd say they're worth trying if you're looking for an alternative to the Nepal Extremes, but then again why would you want an alternative to the Nepal Extreme unless you prefer red over yellow? Are they cheaper?
OP BD 17 Nov 2003
In reply to BD: Thanks for that, yes, they are going cheap at towerridgedirect.co.uk, I was about to fork out for a pair of Nepal Extremes and this seems a v.good deal. I of course want the boots for ice and alpine climbing so the "overheating" thing is not v. likely to be a problem, particularly with feet. I've read a couple of good reviews but I would like to hear what people think. Thanks again
OP Anonymous 17 Nov 2003
In reply to BD: I see your point. Let us know how you get on with them.
OP Doughboy 18 Nov 2003
In reply to BD:

Have had the opportunity to use them in Canada where they are held highly in regard. Their main features are that they are warm, light and have a natural/neutral feel to them, similar to say the Salomon Pro Ice or Scarpa F-XT in terms of fit and natural/neutral feel. The only downside is that they tend to be expensive. I loved them, but that's not to say they'll fit everyone either...they have a medium sized last with an excellent fit in the heel for me with a wide broad foot and a skinny heel. Great boots but as with all boots, try them on 1st!
OP bd 18 Nov 2003
In reply to Doughboy: That's great Doughboy, will try them and see what happens, many thanks!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...