UKC

Southern Norway Guidebook

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bobpilgrem 06 May 2016
Hi All
Am going to be in S .Norway in June/July -wondering which is the best guidebook - preferably in English - that covers just this area.
Any advice / links would be much appreciated
Cheers
Bob
 Nordie_matt 06 May 2016
In reply to bobpilgrem:
S£rlandet rock is the one you want, if you are around Kristiansand area

http://sorlandetrock.ckk.no/klatrefeltene.aspx

Good topos, up to date info (was released last year) with some notes in english
Post edited at 12:23
OP bobpilgrem 06 May 2016
In reply to Nordie_matt: thanks Matt
Plan to be travelling in area south of Bergen-Oslo line (if that makes sense) .

Nordie_matt 06 May 2016
In reply to bobpilgrem:

Thats a pretty big slice then, Sørlandet rock is best for Kristiansand/Mandal, for Setesdal I use the Setesdal guide by weninger and brunnert, which has text descriptions in english, but it also operates a weird E system I had never seen before that guide.

Further east I'd say Oslo & omegn guide and Drammen granit.

Telemark guide for telemark of course.

Not too sure what areas the latest Climb Norway encompasses, but the previous edition I have covered a few crags in the area you specified.

There is also a lot of stuff not in guide books but that is up on 27crags, so sometimes it's useful to check there and print out the topos.
 0.5viking 06 May 2016
In reply to bobpilgrem:

I think there isn't a guidebook for the complete area. I can definitely recommend the climbing in Rogaland. They guidebook with trad routes is online for free download here: http://brv.no/uteklatring/tradklatring/ The guide is written in Norwegian, but there is a page with some important words and meaning of the symbols describing the routes. The guide contains only multipitch climbing, there is however a guidebook covering sport and singlepitch climbing: Klippeklatring i Rogaland. If you decide to climb in the Stavanger area, then you should visit Dale for (mostly) trad climbing, quite some first ascents by Brits, so a nice bit of history. For sports Bersagel is the most popular in the area and for multipitch trad the most popular is Dirdalsveggen.
As for the mentioned crags:
Dale
Bersagel
Dirdal - Dirdalsveggen
OP bobpilgrem 09 May 2016
In reply to 0.5viking:
Thanks for both your replies.
Bob
 Mr. Lee 09 May 2016
In reply to Nordie_matt:

> Telemark guide for telemark of course

Two guides actually. One for the multipitch stuff around Nissedal and one covering the mainly single pitch stuff.

Also two Bergen guides. One for the bolted routes and one for the trad routes.

Then there's the Uskedalen guide, which probably has the best trad vaguely close to Bergen.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...