UKC

Cloggy , is it in condition?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Gambit 07 May 2016
Clogwyn Du'r Arddu (Cloggy) Going to Wales next week, 14th May, forecast looks good between now and then. Never been to Cloggy, just wondering if anyone has information on conditions please?
In reply to Gambit:

rained today, probably not been climbed since last year so likely to be dirty and greasy but that's part of the fun of CLoggy. if it stays dry this week it should be worth a punt.
OP Gambit 08 May 2016
In reply to higherclimbingwales:

Many thanks, may give it a go if in the mood for an adventure!
 Ed Babs 09 May 2016
In reply to Gambit:

Would you let us know how you get on? I might be going to north wales next week and if Cloggy is an option it'd be great!
 Owen W-G 09 May 2016
There is a myth that Cloggy only comes into condition for just 2-3 short windows each summer. This is nonsense. I was on Cloggy in October and there were 11 teams there! The definitive guide gives quite good indicators. A few of the routes need a solid 10 day dry spell in summer, but there are plenty of popular routes there that come into condition at this time of year after only a few warm dry days.
 ianstevens 09 May 2016
In reply to Owen W-G:

Would that be the three week dry spell last October?
 CurlyStevo 09 May 2016
In reply to ianstevens:

yeah I was going to say last year Autumn was by far the better season than Summer especially the first half of Autumn
OP Gambit 13 May 2016
In reply to Gambit:

Think it looks unlikely we will get there, still a bit nervous over conditions. Think I may wait until conditions are a little more assured. Really want to give Great Wall a go so will have to be pretty good conditions. Many thanks
 Owen W-G 13 May 2016
In reply to ianstevens:

It was the lovely short spell of good weather at start of Oct, but not prolonged dryness.

Cloggy was dry and cold while Craig Ddu was soaking.
OP Gambit 16 May 2016
In reply to Gambit:

OK so did not make it to Cloggy this time, did get a great day on the Cromlec and Cloggy was being discussed by some of the climbers there. I think that people just did not want to do the walk in just in case. One thing I have noticed and was not aware of is the latest ascents button on UKC for any crag. Looks like some braved the walk in after all!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...