UKC

September Sardinia

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 chrisa87 10 May 2016
What are the best area's for a couple of people wanting to climb 4's-6's? I'm planning my honeymoon on Sardinia and we're hoping to get 2-3days of climbing in. We should have a car if that helps with regards to access.

Cheers.
bozza 10 May 2016
In reply to chrisa87:

i did similar a few years back. we stayed in Santa Maria Navarrese, Ogliastra. Nice little town and plenty of crags a short drive away (and one just above the harbour).
 Elsier 10 May 2016
In reply to chrisa87:

Santa Maria Navaresse as mentioned above would make a nice base with plenty in that grade range or Cala Gonone although some of the single pitch in that area are getting more polished.

If you stay in Santa Maria Navaresse there is an amazing multi pitch route on the pedra Longa pinnacle just up the coast at 6a+ which I really recommend and was the highlight of my first trip to Sardinia.

I've also stayed in Nebida on the West Coast and that has plenty to recommend it too, the village itself doesn't have beaches and isn't very touristy but you have got superb views of a dramatic coastline, beaches nearby, plenty of climbing in the grades you mention and the option of some granite trad climbing for variety at Capo Pecora.
 saraguti 10 May 2016
In reply to chrisa87:
Aún area full of great climbs including 4s and 5s is the south west, not where more people go but gorgeous. Fly to Clagliari and head to the south west where you can climb in Domusnovas, Il Castello del Iride and many more crags. The best guide book is 'pietra di luna' written by a local and covers all sardinia.
OP chrisa87 12 May 2016
In reply to chrisa87:

Thanks everyone, its given me some good info to start with!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...