UKC

Easy Seaside Bouldering @ Pwllheli

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sl@te Head 13 May 2016

Carreg yr Imbill

A 'GoAmateur' YouTube vid of a few boulder problems at 'Gimblet Rock' Pwllheli.

It's a nice location and well worth a visit with over 30 problems from f2 to 6c+ including a great long traverse and a few thin and technical slabs.....

youtube.com/watch?v=Xgk-yVPZqRM&
Post edited at 09:38
 RyanOsborne 13 May 2016
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Looks nice, any topo available?
 Antony Mariani 13 May 2016
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Thanks for documenting, looks like a good spot. Will put it on the list of places to explore one evening, as I'm regularly staying over in North Wales for work and looking for easy bouldering.
 string arms 13 May 2016
In reply to Sl@te Head:
It's in a nice location with the town only 5 mins drive away if you get the tides wrong and you fancy a brew while you wait. Great if you have the kids or you're in a mixed ability party and are looking for some decent easier problems. Nothing for the hard boulderers I'm afraid but if you do the wonderful Mr gimblet there and back a few times your arms will eventually drop off. We will try and get a topo set up over the next few days if people are interested.
Post edited at 16:24
 Antony Mariani 13 May 2016
In reply to string arms:

Yep, a topo would be useful. Please!
In reply to Sl@te Head:

What a nice find, looks like a lovely spot. Nice video too, plus something I never thought I'd see! Someone wearing socks with a pair of Boldrinis......
OP Sl@te Head 14 May 2016
In reply to paul_in_cumbria:

I found it by chance after taking a wrong turn trying to find Pwllheli Marina a few weeks ago, hopefully it will be enjoyed by those looking for an easy bouldering venue (which are not that common).

Hopefully 'Stringarms' (Phil) will sort out a topo at some point, in the meantime it's still worth a visit as most of the lines are pretty obvious...
OP Sl@te Head 17 May 2016
In reply to RyanOsborne:
Carreg yr Imbill

Topo photos now added.....
http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=23006#photos
Post edited at 16:20

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...