UKC

la sportiva miura vs Scarpa Vapour V XSG2

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 john_mx 15 May 2016
Hello, out of then 2 shoes, what's the disadvantages and advantages? I cannot make my mind up.

Thank you in advance.
 alasdair19 16 May 2016
In reply to john_mx:

with a bit of luck when u try them both on it'll be obvious. on paper their views similar the miura slightly stiffer
 Fraser 16 May 2016
In reply to john_mx:
Miura has 3 straps so more adjustable for fit, and they also feel wider than my Scarpas. Scarpas have a narrower toe box and are a bit less aggressive. The Vapours I'm referring to may not be the XSG2 you note as mine are probably 2-3 years old now.
Post edited at 08:22
DiscoBoy 19 May 2016
In reply to john_mx:
I own both the miura VS and the Vapour V (new one in lime) . The miura VS are stiffer, so they edge better, and they have a more pointed toe for fitting in pockets. The miura VS have a lower volume heel so they fit me better. The vapour V have more rubber on the top of the toe, so if you're toe hooking a lot then they are probably better.

Personally, I'd say that the vapour V are a competitor to the katana velcro, and not the miura VS. The miura VS are a more technical shoe than the vapour Vs, so they are less comfortable than the vapour V (that said, mine are sized smaller), so for longer climbs the vapour V are better.

You really need to try them on, I lioved my vapour Vs until recently when they have started giving me irritated skin on my heels (due to being too big and chaffing), so now mine are sitting in the wardrobe while I use an ancient pair of katana velcros...

For reference I have a size 43 in katana and vapour V and a 42 in my miura VS (my miuras are tight... but that is what you want in a "special occasion" shoe which is how I wear them).
Post edited at 11:40

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...