UKC

Holyhead / Anglesey campsite??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fiend 01 Jun 2016
Any recommendations for a quiet, relaxed campsite for the Gogarth area??

Preferably with decent mobile signal and preferably without bunches of pissed up tw@ts with acoustic guitars or other such bollox. Reasonably easy access fo A55 for a swift retreat to the Lleyn would be useful too.
 Andy Say 01 Jun 2016
In reply to Fiend:

Valley of the Rocks campsite is pretty quiet and is big enough to find a quiet corner - http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=1908

About 5/10 mins drive from the A55 and about 5 mins from South Stack. You can stroll to Porth Dafarch.

On site bar. Don't know about mobile but you are pretty close to Holyhead
 Dave Garnett 01 Jun 2016
In reply to Fiend:

What do you have against guitars?
 robhorton 01 Jun 2016
In reply to Fiend:

Anglesey Outdoors
 Jon Stewart 01 Jun 2016
In reply to Fiend:

Outdoors centre at Rhoscolyn. You need to arrange first, they only let people they like stay there, but that's fine 'cause they like climbers. It's a bit hard to find too, not exactly somewhere you'd stumble upon.

http://www.outdooralternative.co.uk/accommodation/camping-and-caravan/
OP Fiend 01 Jun 2016
In reply to Dave Garnett:

Utterly sodding awful things that make the most banally bland noise and are invariably played by myopic choads who delude themselves that just because they've learnt to play an instrument then they can inflict their twangy plinky drivel on innocent bystanders. If a campsite allows dogs I'd rather listen to an evening of the dogs pissing than a cluster of wannabes passing a guitar around a campfire (and sadly never into it).

@ everyone else - cheers, those look like some sensible options.
 Dave Warburton 01 Jun 2016
In reply to Fiend:

Was at Valley of the Rocks this weekend. There was a man with a guitar for one evening. It's a nice campsite, but obviously you'll have to avoid it to be on the safe side, as you might still be able to feel his presence.
 GrahamD 01 Jun 2016
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Hard to find but a pleasant shortish walk to the pub via the beach path.
 Shapeshifter 01 Jun 2016
In reply to Fiend:

Another vote for Valley of the Rocks - can't guarantee guitar free though!
 Cake 01 Jun 2016
In reply to Shapeshifter:

http://www.angleseyoutdoors.com/campsite-in-anglesey.html

Anglesea outdoors is where I've been twice and I think it's the same place as valley of the rocks. Anyway, it's really cheap, has a bar and is apparently never full. I once tried to book and was told that I should just turn up on the phone. Great access to the cliffs
 deepsoup 01 Jun 2016
In reply to Cake:
> http://www.angleseyoutdoors.com/campsite-in-anglesey.html
> Anglesea outdoors is where I've been twice and I think it's the same place as valley of the rocks.

They're two different sites, but right next door to each other.

The bar (The Paddler's Return) is at one end of the Anglesey Outdoors site, and there's a pedestrian gate from there through onto the Valley of the Rocks site. I don't know about the camp site never being full, but the bar often is! V friendly place though, and the food is remarkably good.

Anglesey Outdoors also has a pretty fierce drying room, which could be handy.
OP Fiend 06 Jun 2016
In reply to Fiend:

Thanks guys, stayed in VOTR and it was very pleasant - cheap, friendly mad woman, fairly peaceful despite a sunny weekend, and I like the way there's lots of little camping "inlets" scattered around. Only slight drawback was it felt like about 3 miles to the shower block, at least at after a long days climbing and a whisky!
 Dave Warburton 06 Jun 2016
In reply to Fiend:
We were in the final field. While I can't possibly agree with your 'felt like about 3 miles' statement, you're probably not alone. Indeed, there was a family that would drive (every single time)...!
Post edited at 19:08
 bensilvestre 07 Jun 2016
In reply to Fiend:

South stack carpark?
 Andy Hardy 07 Jun 2016
In reply to Fiend:

> Utterly sodding awful things that make the most banally bland noise and are invariably played by myopic choads who delude themselves that just because they've learnt to play an instrument then they can inflict their twangy plinky drivel on innocent bystanders. If a campsite allows dogs I'd rather listen to an evening of the dogs pissing than a cluster of wannabes passing a guitar around a campfire (and sadly never into it) [...]

You don't want to bottle your emotions up like that mate, get it off your chest, you'll feel much better.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...