UKC

Need a hut in a hurry! (10/11/12 June, Lakes)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 andrewmc 04 Jun 2016
Me and a friend are doing a bit of puerile ticking (Classic Rock), and have 5 days in Snowdonia, 3 days in the Lakes, 2 days in Yorkshire and 1 day in the Peak planned. But (in classic disorganized fashion) we are leaving tomorrow and we don't yet have a hut to stay in for the Lakes part (evenings of 10th/11th/12 June).

Anyone got any recommendations?

Obviously being able to get a key code is best but I know some places (caving huts at least) leave keys in pubs. I am a member of the BMC, Exeter Uni Climbing Club and Mountaineering Club of North Wales (plus various caving things) if that helps...
 summo 04 Jun 2016
In reply to andrewmcleod:

i would just hostel it, in more than one place, otherwise you face a bit of driving for at least one day. Split them, northern and southern.
 SChriscoli 04 Jun 2016

St Helens Mountaineering Club has a hut available for use by BMC members in Braithwaite.

Email st.helensmc@gmail.com to discuss.

Not sure if its being used this weekend though.
 radddogg 04 Jun 2016

The LCCC hut is one of the best huts I've ever been to.

http://lancashireclimbingandcavingclub.co.uk/club-huts/tranearth/
OP andrewmc 05 Jun 2016
In reply to SChriscoli:

My friend emailed them and got told (apparently) that it wasn't open to BMC members? (presumably only clubs?)
OP andrewmc 05 Jun 2016
In reply to radddogg:

Website says groups only (I assume 2 people doesn't count as a group).
 radddogg 05 Jun 2016

Follow the link to book and you'll find Hazel's number, give her a ring and she'll be able to fill you in.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...