UKC

Tasermuit Fjord, Greenland

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 David Coley 14 Jun 2016
Hi,
Does anyone know the name of the mountain in the middle of the photo at the top of this web page, please?

http://www.alexnail.com/blog/trip-reports/tasermiut-greenland-pt-1/

And anything about any routes that might have been climbed on it?

Thanks in advance,

D
 Adam Long 15 Jun 2016
In reply to David Coley:

The mountain on the right is Ketil, so it's easy enough to find on google earth: 60.455922, -44.503989.
However the way it looks to me the central peak is not a summit but more likely the end of a truncated spur, so unlikely to have a name.
OP David Coley 15 Jun 2016
In reply to Adam Long:

Thanks Adam, yep I got that that was Ketil. As far as I can tell no one has climbed the main face of that spur. Might be a pile of choss. But might not be. Guess I'll just have to find out.
 Tom Briggs 16 Jun 2016
In reply to David Coley:

It doesn't look like great rock. Seeing as the whole of Southern Greenland is full of massive walls of completely solid and clean granite, there's every chance no-one has bothered with it. Despite it being in the most popular area.
 london_huddy 16 Jun 2016
In reply to Tom Briggs:

Seconded - it looks less than stellar when there's so much to go at in that area.
OP David Coley 17 Jun 2016
In reply to london_huddy:

Hi, the reason for the interest is that we have a very mixed team of 15. Some will go new big wall bagging, others would be happy with the odd new 600m v-diff or VS.
 london_huddy 17 Jun 2016
In reply to David Coley:

Fair enough - it'll be an adventure. I've not been to that area of Greenland (only been to W coast for ski mountaineering) but that face looks a bit chossy.

Enjoy the trip and safe travels.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...