UKC

DMM Renegade 2 Or Mithril

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
itselliott_ 22 Jul 2016
I'm a high ropes instructor so I spend 8+ hours in my harness so comfort is very important, my main use for the harness are for cow tails and so I mainly only use gear loops for clipping the cow tails too. However I am very interested in climbing as a sport and intent to take it up.

My job supplies me with a DMM Viper 2 - great harness and does exactly what I need, but I've decided it's now time to get my own. I've looked at the Renegade 2 and the Mithril. The Mithril is appealing more to me right now and the only noticeable difference I could see was fewer gear loops, but having two on the side is plenty (i'm use to that from the Viper 2.

Are there any major differences I should know about, and one of these two should I be going for?

Thanks
Elliott
 Sutok 22 Jul 2016
In reply to itselliott_:

Biggest and most important difference is the renegade has a floating waist loop and the mithril doesn't.

This means unless your bang in the middle of the sizing you will wind up with the loops offset in one or tother direction which I personally find quite irritating.

Both great harnesses but I'd go for the renegade or another viper if your keen on dmm or maybe a petzl Aquila if your after something comfortable with lots of loops.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...