UKC

Chamonix conditions?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 LDudill 26 Jul 2016
Heading out to chamonix on Saturday and just wondering what the conditions are like at the minute. Any specific info on conditions of the following would be appreciated !

Forbes arête
Migot spur
N face of midi: Frendo / Mallory porter / etc
Royal traverse and descent down the 3 monts (specifically the current state of the tacul!)
Tourette spur
Normal route up the republique

Cheers
 jon 26 Jul 2016
In reply to dudsy04:

I don't know. But I did notice that there were 14 teams on the Frendo Spur today: http://www.camptocamp.org/outings/780446/fr/aiguille-du-midi-eperon-frendo
OP LDudill 26 Jul 2016
In reply to jon:

I will make the assumption that the frendo is in decent condition then! Cheers
crice 26 Jul 2016
In reply to dudsy04:

L'Office de Haute Montagne is still your best source of info for conditions in the Massif IMO.
 El_Dave_H 26 Jul 2016
In reply to dudsy04:

Mallory Porter looked very dry as of yesterday.
OP LDudill 26 Jul 2016
In reply to crice:

Yes I shall go and have a word with the guides when we arrive. But occasionally they don't know about specific routes even when people are getting up them so just thought it was worth an ask. No doubt they will be the best source of knowledge for the conditions of the tacul though, if it is in conditions guides will definitely be doing the 3 monts!
OP LDudill 26 Jul 2016
In reply to El_Dave_H:

Cheers, save the snow romp for another time then!
graham F 27 Jul 2016
In reply to dudsy04:

Tourette Spur is in f'##king great condition
 jon 27 Jul 2016
In reply to graham F:

Nicely done, Graham!
OP LDudill 27 Jul 2016
In reply to graham F:

Good to hear! Done it recently I am guessing? Would be nice to end the trip with either that or the Royal traverse! Weather permitting as usual!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...