UKC

Evans Cycles customer service #NeverEvans

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 nniff 09 Aug 2016

I'd heard such horror stories about Evans Cycles' customer service, including a colleague at work who had them build up a £2,000 carbon frame into a dura-ace equipped bike. The crushed steerer was his fault apparently and they wouldn't budge,

At the other end of the spectrum, I bought some new cleats just prior to my trip to Italy. The little yellow wear indicators fell off on day two. Apparently, that's wear and tear, although what use a wear-indicator is when it's lying on the road I wouldn't know.

Apparently, the cleat shows wear at the back- well it would, the little yellow bits fell off.

I should have taken it back straight away. Well, there isn't an Evans in the southern tip of Italy. I got back on Friday and took it in on Monday. Not good enough apparently. I've even got one of the little wear indicators - in near pristine condition. Still not interested.

Well, it might only be a cleat (that cuts both ways by the way), but up yours Evans. Never, ever, again.
Post edited at 18:41
 Indy 09 Aug 2016
In reply to nniff:

> up yours Evans. Never, ever, again.

Exactly.... It's all they understand. Not had any issues with them myself and tend do go there for there stock levels and Wiggle price match.

Now cycle surgery......
 balmybaldwin 09 Aug 2016
In reply to nniff:
I made the mistake of buying a £4k bike from them. They have been absolutely useless with warranty issues (despite them being widely acknowledged by the manufacturer - including a broken frame). Failed to understand the concept of I need a bike this weekend (on a Monday) - If they can't complete a job due to the quality of the bike supplied I would expect a courtesy bike. Mentioned this in my LBS when I popped in for a coffee on another bike (who have always done all servicing jobs I don't do myself - only reason this bike didn't come from them is they didn't stock the make) who within 10 mins had worked out they could lend me a S works Enduro demo bike for the weekend (gratis) and following a few letters to Lapierre have got themselves authorised to deal with all warranty issues that may occur in the future. This is the service I expect for a bike of this value, and they have been impeccable ever since (including one of the mechanics taking a drop out off his own bike to give me as a spare for a holiday (as their supplier couldn't get one out to them before I went away)

As a result the LBS got my next bike order (and I suspect every new bike I want from now on).

As you say never, ever Evans
Post edited at 19:32
In reply to nniff:

I'm in the market for a new bike. I looked around my local Evans the other day and saw nothing even vaguely inspiring.
 1poundSOCKS 09 Aug 2016
In reply to nniff:

I bought a 3 grand bike off them years ago (when I was younger and more foolish). Ended up threatening them with small claims to get my money back. It had brake issues they refused to acknowledge, they kept blaming me.
OP nniff 09 Aug 2016
In reply to nniff:
I'm not alone then - can't say I'm surprised. For the avoidance of doubt, it's not about the money - the new bike that went to Italy with the cleats is a stainless steel Jaegher Ascender with Dura-ace and Chris King bearings. The saddle came from Evans, which really pisses me off now.
Post edited at 21:28
 Tim Sparrow 09 Aug 2016
In reply to nniff:

Just focus on which bit of your anatomy is closest to that saddle. You might take some solace from that even though they are unaware!
 TobyA 09 Aug 2016
In reply to nniff:

Bought a kids bike and my wife's bike a few years ago from them mail order to Finland - worked great and great value. Just bought myself a Pinnacle MTB from the Sheffield shop and all fine so far!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...